| Project GEMINI Emergency
Medicine Resource Library
Clean Hands Save Lives: Emergency Situations(Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) Also available
2. Disaster Information Management Research Center: http://disasterinfo.nlm.nih.
3. WISER® - Wireless Information System for Emergency Responders. WISER is a system designed to assist first responders in hazardous material incidents. WISER provides a wide range of information on hazardous substances, including substance identification support, physical characteristics, human health information, and containment and suppression advice. http://wiser.nlm.nih.gov/
4. Regional Disaster Information Center for Latin America and the Caribbean: http://sis.nlm.nih.gov/
5. Planning and Practicing for a Disaster: Learn how to use a selection of AHRQ's online models and planning tools from the experts who developed them.
6. New! Disaster Alternate Care Facilities: Report and Interactive Tools: Use this report and two interactive tools to select alternate care facilities and decide which patients to send to them.
7. School Based Emergency Preparedness: A National Analysis and Recommended Protocol: Develop a school-based all-hazards emergency response plan to meet the unique needs of children; includes "lessons learned" from the field.
8. Pediatric Hospital Surge Capacity in Public Health Emergencies: Convert a pediatric hospital from standard operating capacity to surge capacity or develop plans for a general emergency department to care for a surge in ill children.
9. Mass Medical Care with Scarce Resources: A Community Planning Guide: Know the ethical and legal considerations and issues related to pre-hospital, hospital, alternative, and palliative care when allocating scarce resources during a hurricane.
10. Tox Town -- Environmental Health Concerns: Where you Live, Work and Play , toxtown.nlm.nih.gov Also available in Spanish
11. An abbreviated version, The Essentials highlights just the key elements that need to be considered during a mass casualty event. Go to: http://www.ahrq.gov/prep/
12. Altered Standards of Care in Mass Casualty Events: Develop and plan to use altered standards of care during a hurricane to save as many lives as possible.
Go to: http://www.ahrq.gov/research/
13. HazLit - Library catalog of the Natural Hazards Research and Applications Information Center at the University of Colorado at Boulder. http://www.colorado.edu/
From the HazLit site, to locate spanish language materials, search under the term ---- Spansih.
14. Virtual Naval Hospital - A vast digital library with a section dedicated to preparedness. http://www.vnh.org/ Scroll down to the heading: First Aid
We want to thank Jim Comes of the
Westborough Rotary Club for the contribution of NLM resources.
For Further Information on Gemini:
Paul H. Gallagher, International Service Director, Westboro Rotary Club, District 7910, 386 West Main Street, Northborough, MA 01532, U.S.A., Phone: 508 393 7900, Fax: 508 393 9622 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jorge L.Yarzebski, M.D., M.P.H., International Service Co-Director, Westborough Rotary Club, District 7910, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, 55 North Lake Avenue, Worcester, MA 01655, U.S.A., Phone: 508 856 5176, Fax: 508 856 0058, E-mail: Jorge.Yarzebski@umassmed.edu